This blog is about me changing. I have met so many amazing women in my life and have been so inspired by them. I want to be like that. I feel like I am looking down a long road but it is the most important road of my life. I am a new wife and now a mother. If there is ever a time to change it is now...

5.01.2012

Henrik's Birth Video = My drug of choice

I finally got my husband to finish Henrik's birth video and post it to YouTube so that I can watch it whenever I want (and now that it is posted we realized some glitches that need to be fixed - oh well).  Well, I have watched it about one-hundred-and-twenty-bazillion times since Burgess posted it two days ago.

It fills me with so much love and joy and reminds me of all the wonderful things I have learned since his birth.  Even though I remember the pain and exhaustion I was enduring to bring him here safely it gets me so excited to do it again.

I guess I just love watching peaceful, loving, gentle births.  I watched so many birth videos while I was pregnant to inspire me and keep me motivated to do this thing (natural birth) that scared the bajeezes out of me and now I have my own to watch.  Am I the only one?

I have had a couple of people express the wish to watch the video.  It is posted to YouTube but the video is private.  It is such a sacred thing and such a special thing, not to mention a private thing (uh - say hello to the world vagina), that I hesitate to let just anyone and their mom, husband, cousin, neighbor, hairdresser, visiting teacher, best friend, acquaintance (etc.), watch it, but if you are reading this and would like to watch it leave me a comment with your email address.  If I feel good about it and you promise not to show it to your whole neighborhood I'll send you an invite so you can view it.  But you also have to promise to still be my friend after seeing me in all my naked-birthing glory.  K?

4 comments:

The Thorne Family said...

I'd love to see your video. I'm so glad everything went well. We need to get together sometime. My e-mail is hnbran22@hotmail.com

Valissa Hanks said...

If you feel comfortable with it I would love to see the video. Valissahanks@gmail.com

The Thorne Family said...

thanks for sharing Amy. It was very touching. I'm glad you got to do it your way. :D

.tessa. said...

Thanks for leaving love on my blog post about natural birthing tips! Isn't is such an incredible experience?? I hope I can do future births at home! On the topic of giving life, it really is something so special and sacred, how incredible that we get to take part in assisting a sweet child of God cross through the veil. I definitely feel blessed to have been chosen to be a mother. Sending warm fuzzies your way as you prepare to do it again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...